Saturday, October 17, 2020

quirks

 what a battle trying to figure out what size furnace duct I have. turns out I have a 4'' exhaust that measures 5'' x 1''. That fits into a rectangular duct that is 5'' long but is called a 4'' duct since it has the same circumference as a 4'' round...then an adapter to accommodate a round vent pipe...which I plan to send through the wall.




the other important project was trying to stabilize the plaster. I go back and forth thinking the original plaster was flawed or got damaged but lately I think it's simply 90 year old plaster that no one ever tried to maintain or repair or clean or anything. Of course it crumbled. My plan is to stabilize it and finish it and let nature take its course. I'm not covering it with drywall ever. And I embedded rocks in it because that's what made sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment